Monday, October 29, 2007

Absence of 4 days, back to rant again

Thursday? Nothing significant happened.

Friday? Definitely.

Ever been at the right place at the wrong time? I sure was on Friday. Same routine of going down to clubhouse to slack or jam. Gary was there rehearsing a song with cynthia, but it sounded different from the one i heard the other day, so i assumed he was performing to songs for the upcoming Monthly Performance. They were reheasing halfway when out of nowhere, cynthia goes,

"Hey gary, i think can add drums to the song."

In which gary replied," Drums? But where got drummer?"

Cynthia promptly pointed at me, "There!"

I was like..uh hello? I'm just quietly playing the bass to myself, and i got pulled in to do a song without warning. Asking me to play the drums 4 days before the actual performance is like.. what the..? I was already doing huihui and angeline/chien wen's song for MP. I guess a 3rd song wouldn't kill. They were the same type of song genre too, with around the same feel, so shouldn't be too difficult on me. I wasnted Zhiwei to play for gary instead.

Firstly, he would have a chance to practice more styles on the drums.
Secondly, he will have more exposure as a drummer by performing in MP.

At first, he had agreed to play for gary. When i told him the double bass would provide a better feel for gary's song, he tried to practice double bassing but had little luck. Eventually he threw the song back to me. I was fine with that, even though i hoped that Zhiwei would play for gary instead. He needs to build his confidence level when playing the drums.

After awhile, Larry dropped by the clubhouse, came to me and asked," Can you play the 6/8 timing on the drums?"

I was like.. not exactly my forte, but i could try. He told me that his playing 2 instrumental pieces for the upcoming MP, and one of them has the 6/8 time signiture for the beginning, AND he wants me to play the drums for both.

By then, it was seriously what the fuckalready.

I'm performing for huihui's song.
I'm performing for Angeline's song (yet to be practiced).
I'm performing for Gary's song (again, yet to be practiced).
And now, Larry drops me with 2 of his instrumentals.

(3 songs+2 instrumentals)/ 1 night

You do the math.


Dudes. I don't mind playing the drums for your songs. But could you please have the decency to, at the very least, ask me at least 1, best if 2, weeks before the Monthly Performance? I'm flattered that you would come to me, asking me to play drums for your song. I would be more then happy to do so. But please, do inform me days in advance to we can allocate enough time to do reheasals. I'm not as godly as Edmund, Shannon or Mandy where they can here the melody once and play together the second time, or better still, play the beat while listening to the song for the 1st time. I don't play very well unless i have tons of practice. And i can screw up even on stage too.

From my point of view, 5 songs = 5 times the chances of screwing up.

sighs.

Perhaps my 'drop-by-at-clubhouse' routine needs reconsideration..


Saturday? Boring.

Stayed at home. Played Nintendo DS all day.

Pokemon Blue Mystery Dungeon achieved Lucario rank, Charizard attained max IQ.
Recruited Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno (3rd try..), Lugia, Ho-oh and Deoxys(4th, 5th?) n_n

Sunday? Boring½

Though i did finally get a fan for my room. It's standing, and best of all.. it comes with a REMOTE! 屋阿哈 哈哈哈 哈哈哈~~


Monday? That's today, but the day ain't over yet. Currently i'm holed up in my school library listening to Larry's instrumental piece repeat, hoping it will stick to my head so that i can practice better with him later.

Earlier this morning, i went to find one of my module leaders to ask about my ETE module. For that particuler module, i had to swop over with the next class, 2P02. The lectures and tutorials were no problem 'cause P1 and P2 were in the same class anyway, so there was no noticable difference. However, it was hard not to notice the difference in the lab schedule. P1 had their ETE lab session on ODD weeks. P2, which was the class i was stuck in, had their lab on the EVEN weeks. Pffft. When i ask richard, the module leader, why, he said it was possible that me failing of one of my modules last semester (psst psst.. PFA) caused this to happened. I was like.. uh.. ok.. Nothing for me to say anyway. So now i have to attend lab with the P2s. It's sure gonna be an experience and a half. Gonna be damn awkward for me.


Time Check: 12.51 p.m.

Next class is EM3B, at 1 p.m.. That probably means i have to scoot. Lesson is way over at Block 50. Sheesh. They should really implement the school bus service like NUS does. Even though NP is not overly huge like NUS, they should really spare a thought for lazy ass-es like me. Go figure. =/

Rant more tonight.